July 2, 1923 the Westchester Board of Supervisors purchased the park and opened a limited area to the public. They replaced a group of shacks known as “tent city” with baseball fields, and the dance hall with a camp for children on the plateau
Experimental project: croton.news uses AI to generate articles from public records. Content may contain errors. Please report any inaccuracies and check our corrections log.